After the Merchandising Marks Act went into effect in 1887 all German products made for export had to be marked "Germany," or "Made in Germany." The Freising factory continued to manufacture porcelain steins from a kaolin rich clay they could acquire locally, and that is the only thing the Freising/HR factory produced after 1887. Hauber & Reuther contracted with Merkelbach & Wick to produce HR marked (type 3 logo) ivory stoneware. Who decorated it is still in question, but there is some sketchy evidence that points to Hauber & Reuther as the decorator. Hauber & Reuther also decorated steins purchased from Albert Jacob Thewalt. All of these steins carry the Thewalt so-called 1893-1896 logo. When and if porcelain production ended, then and only then, would HR have become simply a finishing shop.
This is the "type 6" capacity mark along with the small font model number. The "type 6" capacity mark was used only on HR porcelain steins. The HR logo now makes its appearance in the form of the "type 1c/2" which is inked over a lightly tooled (inscribed) logo. This logo, in its numerous variations, was used exclusively on porcelain steins from 1887 on.
HR/FREISING LATE ERA EXAMPLES